Coping with the COVID-19 pandemic poses a major challenge to Austria. Many organisations offer services designed to navigate this crisis, ranging from general information to concrete funding measures. This page provides you with COVID-19 relevant information in the field of research and innovation with a focus on IPR and knowledge transfer. A wide range of different activities have been developed by both national and international actors. We have compiled all the relevant information, funding options, measures and services designed to combat the crisis, without claiming to be exhaustive.
National and international patent organisations
National and international patent organisations and offices offer specific information about the COVID-19 crisis.
- The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has established a COVID IP-Policy Tracker for national IP approaches and measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The European Patent Office (EPO) is offering continuously updated information on COVID-19 for customers, external partners and visitors.
- The website of the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) provides information about specific activities and measures.
- The Austrian Patent Office
Austrian funding organisations and clusters
- The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) provides an overview of its services related to COVID-19.
- The Austrian promotional bank (aws) offers bridge guarantees and a start-up support fund, which are key instruments in combating the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Vienna Science and Technology Fund (WWTF) also provides information about its funding measures for COVID-19 research.
- The Austrian Science Fund (FWF) is actively driving research into the topic and provides extensive information on its website, including its urgent funding initiative and FAQs on Corona.
- The LISAvienna life science platform summarises information about R&D and funding in the field of COVID-19 on its website.
- The Austrian Life Science Cluster organisations have established a LinkedIn Helpchannel, offering a platform for exchanging information and concrete services for companies active in the life science sector.
Austrian knowledge transfer centres
Information about contributions made by Knowledge Transfer Centres (WTZ) to combat the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Knowledge Transfer Centre South (WTZ Süd)
- Knowledge Transfer Centre East (WTZ Ost)
- Knowledge Transfer Centre West (WTZ West)
European and international
- The Funding and Tenders Portal of the European Commission features the ERA corona platform which lists current calls, FAQs and other information about R&I activities in relation to COVID-19 at EU level.
- The European Commission also provides extensive information about comprehensive European R&I project initiatives specially dedicated to this topic. This is part of the European Commission's coronavirus response, which also includes a recovery plan for Europe.
- The European Cluster Collaboration Platform has created a dedicated COVID Response Portal, which summarises the measures taken by the European Commission to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) provides information about developments in European research policy and research on the English-language ERA Portal Austria website. The EU R&I Response to COVID-19 section gives information about R&I activities related to COVID-19 in the European Research Area (ERA).
- The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) additionally provides ongoing information and advice on COVID-related R&I activities at the European level.
- The internet portal of the Enterprise Europe Network EEN offers help and support for SMEs, including on COVID, in the European and international context.
Austrian R&I Ministries:
These federal ministries provide general information on COVID-19 research: